House Spiders, Garden Spiders, Funnel Weavers, Orb Weavers, Recluse, Wolf Spiders, Cellar Spiders and more!
There are thousands of spider species in our area. Some spiders can be considered beneficial due to the reduction of other insects by trapping and consuming in their complex webs. The trade off is some spiders can inflict a painful bite that can cause skin irritation and in some cases severe allergic reaction. Heavy infestations can also result in unsightly webs and spider droppings that quickly rebuild and are difficult to remove.
Treatment for spiders begins with an exterior residual application to reduce existing activity. This application may include; lower perimeter, around doors and windows, peaks, eaves, gutters, porches, decks and exterior lighting fixtures. Interior applications should only be made if spider activity is excessive otherwise control can be achieved using glue traps and manual removal of webs and egg sacs.
Reduce conditions that attract or support house spiders:
- Spiders will build webs near exterior lighting because they attract flying insects. Consider changing your bulbs to yellow or reducing the time exterior lights area used.
- Reduce clutter and stored items inside.
- Ensure screens fit tightly.
- Sweep or vacuum webs and egg sacs regularly to remove.
Regular preventative treatments around the exterior portions of a structure are effective in controlling spiders when made in conjunction with taking steps to limit conditions which attract and support spider activity.
Spider Treatment Preparation
Prior to our arrival and treatment:
- Inspect the exterior of your home and remove or cover any items that you do not want sprayed
- Make sure all windows are closed and any access gates are unlocked so our technician can access all areas that need to be treated
- Please move any items that are stored against your home so we can spray between these items and your home to ensure the most effective treatment
During the treatment:
- Please make sure to keep your pets and children away from the treatment area until it has completely dried. With your safety being our top priority
- We recommend waiting two hours
After the Treatment:
- Please allow up to 30 days for the materials used to be fully effective. Once applied, these materials should provide control for up to 60 days
- Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns regarding your treatment. You can also visit our materials page for product and specimen labels.