Cockroaches have been associated with the transmission of certain diseases. They have been linked to allergic reactions in children, due to fecal deposits. Cockroaches reproduce quickly and are difficult to eliminate without professional help. Most over-the-counter products kill only roaches that are exposed to the materials. Roaches normally prefer the safety of cracks and crevices and may not be immediately exposed by over-the-counter treatments.
Cockroaches most commonly encountered in this area include the German Cockroach, American Cockroach, Oriental Cockroach, Brown Banded Cockroach and the Oriental Cockroach. If you encounter cockroaches in a home or food handling business it is most likely the German Cockroach.
Our treatment options for cockroaches consist of the use of non-repellent residual insecticides, precision-applied roach baits and trap monitoring to determine treatment effectiveness. Follow up services, to be determined by your service technician, will ensure proper treatment frequency to eliminate cockroach population.
This approach, coupled with customer cooperation in meeting technician recommendations, will ensure the quickest, most effective results. Customer cooperation is paramount when undertaking cockroach elimination.
Service Technician Recommendations
Your service technician may recommend the following
- Thoroughly clean and keep dry food preparation and storage areas.
- Thoroughly clean and keep bathrooms dry.
- Seal cracks and crevices along baseboards, in walls and around any wall mounted equipment, kitchen and bath cabinets, shelving and fixtures.
- Reduce clutter such as old stored corrugated boxes, paper products, especially in kitchen and bath areas.
- Rinse empty beverage containers and store away from your kitchen areas.
- Inspect incoming foods and food preparation and storage paper products before bringing them into your kitchen or storage areas.
- Seek professional assistance and consider an ongoing, preventive program.
If you encounter a cockroach infestation, it is best to leave elimination up to the professionals.
Call our office today at 585-328-0990 for an expert phone consultation or to schedule a service inspection.